Below are links to all my posts in chronological order, beginning Dec 2010 when I first started this blog. It’s the quickest way to see an overview of all of them, by title only.
Or you can see a thumbnail photo plus brief excerpt for each post (starting with the more recent ones and going backwards in time), by browsing down my homepage. At the bottom of the homepage, click on “older posts” if you want to keep going back in time…
- Welcome to Loop Braiding!
- Citrus letterbraid, pt. 1
- Citrus letterbraid, pt 2
- A Spanish braid, breed, breadth
- Tutorial for the 7-loop spanish braid
- Bicolor loop magic (tutorial)
- You CAN put your loops down!
- Medieval 2-worker braid from a German cathedral
- Back soon…
- Reader gallery pics (braids and knots!)
- Tutorial: 9-loop braids
- Tutorial: 11-loop braids
- Back later…
- START HERE! 5-loop braids
- Double braid workshop at Braids 2012
- Longer loop braids, and starts with no ends
- Color-pattern planning, square and flat braids
- Centralia braiders
- Teeny weeny braids, and a spiral…
- Rainbow Girl
- Videos for the 7-loop ‘half-letterbraid’
- New ‘Tutorials’ page
- Lace Dawns tutorial
- Loop braiding workshop
- CONTINUE HERE: 7-loop braids
- Readers’ Gallery part 1
- Readers’ Gallery part 2
- Braids I don’t teach…
- Doug’s braid
- Waxed thread
- Gary’s pattern-planner
- Video: flatter Spanish braid + using Gary’s planner
- Bracelet with chevrons
- Video for Doug’s braid
- Genji-uchi, & new link
- Easy 3-loop braids
- Braids 2012, part 1
- Braids 2012, part 2
- Braids 2012, part 3
- Double braid tutorials
- Flat double braids
- In the works
- Hollow loop braids
- Year of the Snake
- Aside and apology
- A couple braids and a poll…
- Poll results
- Braided tunes
- 2 people team braiding
- Free pdf download now works!
- Four double braid color patterns
- Readers’ pics
- 8-loop Double Braid color patterns
- Color-linking in a 7-loop flat braid
- More square braid color set-ups
- Rodrick Owen, and the Braids of the Mummies
- CNCH 2014 workshop
- Braiding meet-ups
- Demo: 12 loop double braid
- Demo: Color-linking in a 13-loop square braid
- Braids and Beads
- A ten-loop letterbraid
- Solo-braider tutorial for the Nun’s letterbraid
- An unorthodox braid tutorial
- One setup, four color-patterns
- Maker Faire!
“Posts” are the entries/articles I’ve been adding to this site over the last few years (listed above). Some of my posts are tutorials, some are updates on what I’ve been working on, or pictures of readers’ work, or anything related to loop braiding. A few are just brief notices. They gradually pile up in date-order on my home page, wordpress blog-style, with the most recent one on the top of the pile—the reverse order of the list above.
[The WordPress.com theme I’m using now has some blogging magic that allows me to “stick” four older posts near the top of that home-page pile, that’s why the START HERE and the Welcome to Loop Braiding posts are always up there, along with 2 other older posts.]
Chronological order isn’t very convenient if you are here to find a particular tutorial! To see a listing of just the tutorials, in a more logical order, click on the Tutorials tab in the upper menu.
The tabs up in that top menu go to indexes to help locate posts and tutorials, or to info pages about loop braiding (or about me). “Info pages” are a separate type of entry from posts, so you won’t see them in the list above, or by browsing down my homepage–they are only accessible through the menu tabs.
You can search this whole site (posts and info pages) using the search box in the sidebar. The sidebar also has an archive drop-down for looking up posts by month/year, and a “categories” drop-down for finding posts on specific topics (these two drop-downs don’t find anything in the “info pages” unfortunately).
I post sporadically, from 0 to a few times a month, and I edit past posts
compulsively frequently, occasionally adding content. So my past posts and pages sometimes change, unlike most of the blogs I follow.
If you would like to receive an automated email alert when I publish a new post, you can sign up in the top of my sidebar. No other emails are sent, and it’s easy to unsubscribe–you can do it directly from one of the automated emails, or from the top of my sidebar.
[By the way, in case you are curious about WordPress.com blogs/ websites–say interested in starting your own–I ran on about my own reasons for choosing wordpress.com at the end of my kute-uchi tutorial.]
Info pages (these can also be accessed through the upper menu, in the drop-down under “About“):
Page 1: About Loop Braiding
Page 2: A-fell, V-fell, Slentre, and hand-held loop braiding
Page 3: Too-Many-Loop Braids
Page 4: Unorthodox Braids
Page 5: Old English Pattern Books for Loop Braiding
Page 6: Alphabet braids of the 17th Century
Page 7: About Me
Page 8: Terminology
Index to posts (this page)