Below is a list of links to all my posts in chronological order, beginning Dec 2010 when I first started this blog.
Another way to access them is to browse down the homepage for a thumbnail photo and brief excerpt from each post in reverse chronological order. At the bottom of the homepage, click on “older posts” to keep going back in time. (The five thumbnails at the top of the homepage have been plucked out of chronological order – the highest one is the most recent post, and the four lined up below that are ‘go-to’ intro posts.)
For a list of links to just the tutorials, click on the Tutorials tab in the upper menu.
Some of other tabs in the upper menu call up posts by topic, say all the posts on color pattern variations for braids in the tutorials, or all the posts that reference loop braiding history etc. The About menu tab accesses a slew of info pages. Information pages are a separate category from “blog posts” – they can only be accessed from the About tab, they don’t show up in the list of blog posts below, or on the homepage. (They include my contact info, technical and historical information, books, a terminology page, a guide to another useful website called L-MBRIC, and more).
Links to other braiding or textile sites are in my sidebar.
Use the search box in the sidebar to search this whole site – posts and info pages. (It works great – I use it pretty often myself!)
- Welcome to Loop Braiding!
- Citrus letterbraid, pt. 1
- Citrus letterbraid, pt 2
- A Spanish braid, breed, breadth
- Tutorial for the 7-loop spanish braid
- Bicolor loop magic (tutorial)
- You CAN put your loops down!
- Medieval 2-worker braid from a German cathedral
- Back soon…
- Reader gallery pics (braids and knots!)
- Tutorial: 9-loop braids
- Tutorial: 11-loop braids
- Back later…
- START HERE! 5-loop braids
- Double braid workshop at Braids 2012
- Longer loop braids, and starts with no ends
- Color-pattern planning, square and flat braids
- Centralia braiders
- Teeny weeny braids, and a spiral…
- Rainbow Girl
- Videos for the 7-loop ‘half-letterbraid’
- New ‘Tutorials’ page
- Lace Dawns tutorial
- Loop braiding workshop
- CONTINUE HERE: 7-loop braids
- Readers’ Gallery part 1
- Readers’ Gallery part 2
- Braids I don’t teach…
- Doug’s braid
- Waxed thread
- Gary’s pattern-planner
- Video: flatter Spanish braid + using Gary’s planner
- Bracelet with chevrons
- Video for Doug’s braid
- Genji-uchi, & new link
- Easy 3-loop braids
- Braids 2012, part 1
- Braids 2012, part 2
- Braids 2012, part 3
- Double braid tutorials
- Flat double braids
- In the works
- Hollow braids
- Year of the Snake
- Aside and apology
- A couple braids and a poll…
- Poll results
- Braided tunes
- Braid a 10-loop braid with a friend!
- Free pdf download now works!
- Four double braid color patterns
- Readers’ pics
- 8-loop Double Braid color patterns
- Color-linking in a 7-loop flat braid
- More square braid color set-ups
- Rodrick Owen, and the Braids of the Mummies
- CNCH 2014 workshop
- Braiding meet-ups
- Demo: 12 loop double braid
- Demo: Color-linking in a 13-loop square braid
- Braids and Beads
- A ten-loop letterbraid
- Solo-braider tutorial for the Nun’s letterbraid
- An unorthodox braid tutorial
- One setup, four color-patterns
- Maker Faire!
- Braids 2016
- Letterbraid Therapy
- Ideas from eager braiders
- The Power of Six
- Almost Itsukushima (厳島組)
- Loop braiding workshop
- New website about Loop Braided Kumihimo!
- A Triangular Braid
- 20+ Triangle braid color-patterns, 5 to 11 loops
- Two-day workshop in November 2017
- Pick-up 101: Planned patterns and motifs
- Pick-up 2: Rock your square braid – Charted pattern-switching
- Pick-up 3: Flat braids
- A longer braid
- One of Noémi Speiser’s braiding books reprinted!
- Pick-up 4: An interactive pick-up pattern planner for ‘Doug’s Braid’!
- KumiKreator toy braiding machine review
- Flat braid Zig-zag patterns
- Which braids on this site are historically accurate?
I sort of think of this site as both a blog and also my in-progress ‘book’ on loop braiding. I post sporadically, from 0 to a couple times a month, but I edit and add to past posts
compulsively frequently. As a result, some of my past posts and information pages have gradually changed, unlike most of the blogs I follow. (I never delete posts, though, so even brief notice-type posts stay there in the list).
To receive an automated email alert when I publish a new post, sign up at the top of my sidebar. No other emails are sent, and it’s easy to unsubscribe – you can do it directly from one of the automated emails, or from the top of my sidebar.
By the way, in case you are interested in starting your own blog or website, I ran on about why I chose wordpress.com at the end of my kute-uchi tutorial. This version of WordPress is free, but it is not the “grab a free WordPress blog format and go host it somewhere” version of WordPress, that is WordPress.org – a very different kettle of fish. (Actually, I do now pay a small amount yearly for a few extra features from WP, but that isn’t necessary. I started with a free and fully functional blog, and could have chose a “website” look instead of a blog format.)