Below are links to all my posts in chronological order, beginning Dec 2010 when I first started this blog. It’s the quickest way to see an overview of all of them, by title only.
Or you can see a thumbnail photo plus brief excerpt for each post (starting with the more recent ones and going backwards in time), by browsing down my homepage. At the bottom of the homepage, click on “older posts” if you want to keep going back in time…
- Welcome to Loop Braiding!
- Citrus letterbraid, pt. 1
- Citrus letterbraid, pt 2
- A Spanish braid, breed, breadth
- Tutorial for the 7-loop spanish braid
- Bicolor loop magic (tutorial)
- You CAN put your loops down!
- Medieval 2-worker braid from a German cathedral
- Back soon…
- Reader gallery pics (braids and knots!)
- Tutorial: 9-loop braids
- Tutorial: 11-loop braids
- Back later…
- START HERE! 5-loop braids
- Double braid workshop at Braids 2012
- Longer loop braids, and starts with no ends
- Color-pattern planning, square and flat braids
- Centralia braiders
- Teeny weeny braids, and a spiral…
- Rainbow Girl
- Videos for the 7-loop ‘half-letterbraid’
- New ‘Tutorials’ page
- Lace Dawns tutorial
- Loop braiding workshop
- CONTINUE HERE: 7-loop braids
- Readers’ Gallery part 1
- Readers’ Gallery part 2
- Braids I don’t teach…
- Doug’s braid
- Waxed thread
- Gary’s pattern-planner
- Video: flatter Spanish braid + using Gary’s planner
- Bracelet with chevrons
- Video for Doug’s braid
- Genji-uchi, & new link
- Easy 3-loop braids
- Braids 2012, part 1
- Braids 2012, part 2
- Braids 2012, part 3
- Double braid tutorials
- Flat double braids
- In the works
- Hollow braids
- Year of the Snake
- Aside and apology
- A couple braids and a poll…
- Poll results
- Braided tunes
- Braid a 10-loop braid with a friend!
- Free pdf download now works!
- Four double braid color patterns
- Readers’ pics
- 8-loop Double Braid color patterns
- Color-linking in a 7-loop flat braid
- More square braid color set-ups
- Rodrick Owen, and the Braids of the Mummies
- CNCH 2014 workshop
- Braiding meet-ups
- Demo: 12 loop double braid
- Demo: Color-linking in a 13-loop square braid
- Braids and Beads
- A ten-loop letterbraid
- Solo-braider tutorial for the Nun’s letterbraid
- An unorthodox braid tutorial
- One setup, four color-patterns
- Maker Faire!
- Braids 2016
- Letterbraid Therapy
- Ideas from eager braiders
- The Power of Six
- Almost Itsukushima (厳島組)
- Loop braiding workshop
- New website about Loop Braided Kumihimo!
- A Triangular Braid
- 20+ Triangle braid color-patterns, 5 to 11 loops
- Two-day workshop in November 2017
- Pick-up 101: Planned patterns and motifs
- Pick-up 2: Rock your square braid – Charted pattern-switching
- Pick-up 3: Flat braids
- A longer braid
Posts are the dated entries/articles listed above that I’ve been adding to this site since the end of 2010. Some of my posts are tutorials, some are updates on what I’ve been working on, or pictures of readers’ work, or anything related to loop braiding. A few are just brief notices. They gradually pile up in date-order on my home page, wordpress blog-style, with the most recent one on the top of the pile—the reverse order of the list above.
[The WordPress.com theme I’m currently using allows me to “stick” four older posts near the top of that home-page pile to feature them, so I always have the Start Here! and the Welcome to Loop Braiding posts up there, as well as two other older posts that I might change once in a while.]
Chronological order isn’t very convenient if you are here to find a particular tutorial! To see a listing of just the tutorials, in a more logical order, click on the Tutorials tab in the upper menu.
Other tabs up in my top menu will help you filter my posts by topic, say to find color pattern variations for a braid you’ve learned from one of my tutorials, or maybe to see a list of all my posts that reference loop braiding history etc.
Pages: At the far right of the menu is a tab labeled About with several info pages nested below it containing information about loop braiding or about me (including an email contact form). In WordPress, “pages” are a different type of entry from “posts” – you won’t come across them by browsing down my homepage, they are only accessed under the ‘About’ tab – except for this page, and my Tutorials page, which have their own separate tabs.
You also can search this whole site (posts and pages) by using the search box in the sidebar. (I sometimes have to search there myself to find something I know I mentioned here somewhere, but can’t remember where it was!)
I post sporadically, from 0 to a few times a month, but I edit past posts
compulsively frequently, occasionally adding content. So my past posts and information pages sometimes change, unlike most of the blogs I follow. I think of this blog as my ‘book’ on loop braiding, and one advantage of publishing it as a blog is that I can edit and add to it whenever I want.
If you would like to receive an automated email alert when I publish a new post, you can sign up in the top of my sidebar. No other emails are sent, and it’s easy to unsubscribe–you can do it directly from one of the automated emails, or from the top of my sidebar.
[By the way, in case you are curious about WordPress.com blogs/ websites–say interested in starting your own–I ran on about my own reasons for choosing wordpress.com at the end of my kute-uchi tutorial.]